For a healthy, tasty and sweet treat try these delicious banana coconut macaroons. They are quick and easy to make and have NO added sugar - the sweetness is all from the fruit.
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup nuts (I used a combo of cashews & almonds)
- 1.5 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- pinch of sea salt
- Add the nuts to a food processor and pulse until they are ground to a fine flour. Transfer to a bowl and set aside
- Add the bananas to the food processor and blend until puréed
- Add the bananas to the bowl with the nut flour and then add all other ingredients and mix well until combined
- Using damp hands scoop up small balls of the mixture and firmly pack into shape, then add to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 275'F for 25 minutes (until the edges are browned)