Sweet potatoes are packed with nutrition. They are a great source of minerals such as manganese, folate, copper, and iron. They are also a good source of natural sugars, protein, carotenoids, vitamin C & D, iron and calcium. Sweet Potatoes are also;
- Fantastic source of dietary fibre
- High in antioxidants
- An excellent source of carbohydrates for those with blood sugar problems.
- Good for those who are pregnant or trying to conceive because they are high in folate, which is essential for the healthy development of fetal cell and tissue.
- High in potassium which helps to maintain fluid and electrolyte balance in the body, which is important for stabilizing blood pressure, regulating heart function, and alleviating muscle cramps.
- A good source of magnesium, which is the relaxation and anti-stress mineral
Sweet Potato & Chocolate pancakes by Me!
Cinnamon Roasted Sweet Potatoes by JP from Jennifer Pierce Health
Sweet Potato Lentil Stew by Anna from Your Healthy Place
'Wakey Wakey' Orange Juice by Helen from What Happened Next...
Fennel & Quinoa Salad with Roasted Sweet Potatoes & Avocado by Lina from Fresh n Crunchy
Thanks everyone for taking part in my this month's Blog Carnival! Join me next month for the next Healthy Recipes Blog Carnival - the featured ingredient will be posted on the first of the month and recipes will be posted on 20th May!